We hope your pregnancy is a joyous experience that transforms your family for the better. However, it can also cause pain, making life very uncomfortable and difficult. Thankfully, pregnancy chiropractor Dr. Mark Currington in Dallas, Texas, can help you with this problem and ensure you get the support you need to recover.
Pregnancy Pain: A Common Problem
If you experience severe back pain during pregnancy, you are not alone. Half of the more than 6 million women pregnant in the U.S. each year experience back pain during their pregnancy, and three-quarters have it with labor. This pain can be very persistent and is caused by things like:
- The developing baby puts pressure on your lower back
- The uterus expands and shifts your pelvis
- The pelvis ligaments soften and provide less support
- The expansion of the belly causes an increase in the back curve
- The sciatica nerve gets pinched as your baby develops
- The extra weight gain caused by a growing baby
Suppose you experience pain caused by any of these issues. In that case, Dr. Currington is here to help. He can provide hands-on pregnancy chiropractic care for Dallas, Texas, women like you. He fully understands the multiple therapy options available and will work hard to ensure you get the best support possible. In this way, you can live a happier and healthier life.
How We Can Manage This Issue
Dr. Currington can help with your pregnancy back pain by providing hands-on care that strengthens your body. He will:
- Assess your back pain problems and diagnose where they begin
- Set you up on a pregnancy-safe table for careful adjustments
- Work carefully and slowly to adjust your back positioning
- Provide long-term support after your delivery
We aim to work you through troubling pregnancy-related back pain and help you feel more robust and secure. Once your baby is born, we can help you with any lingering troubles and give you the strong and healthy back you deserve to minimize unnecessary suffering.
We Can Work You Through This Pain
If you need pregnancy chiropractic from a professional you can trust in Dallas, Texas, we're here to help. Dr. Currington has worked with thousands of pregnant women and feels comfortable providing high-quality care that meets your needs. Please call us at 214-520-1006 if you live in Dallas and are experiencing pregnancy-related back pain.