Chiropractic care is founded on the concept that proper musculoskeletal structure alignment is vital to maintaining well-being and overall health. For those in the greater Dallas area, Dr. Mark Currington offers complementary therapies and physical rehab options to help restore proper joint mobility and alignment.
What is Physical Rehab?
Physical rehabilitation seeks to assist individuals by providing various therapeutic techniques and exercises to address musculoskeletal issues (and other conditions/disorders) that cause pain and symptoms that disrupt one’s daily routine. The process typically addresses muscle imbalances, weaknesses, and reduced/restricted range of motion.
The use of physical rehab can be targeted in the management of various conditions, such as injuries, orthopedic issues, recovery from surgeries, chronic pain, and more. The focus of physical rehab is the improvement of joint function, the reduction of pain/stiffness, and the enhancement of overall well-being.
For example, physical rehab is effective in helping with -
- Functional Training - The focus of physical rehabilitation includes –
- Managing specific symptoms.
- Restoring functional capabilities required to stay independent and complete ADLs – Activities of Daily Living.
- Pain Management – Physical rehabilitation is a type of therapeutic technique or intervention that can play an integral role in managing pain.
- Prevention - Chiropractors and other healthcare professionals can help prevent future injuries or complications by educating patients on how to –
- Maintain good posture.
- Exercise properly.
- Incorporate healthy lifestyle habits.
Chiropractic Physical Rehab Treatment Options
Physical rehabilitation aims to restore and improve physical function through exercises, stretches, and other therapeutic techniques.
A chiropractor can develop a tailored program to address each client’s needs, with the objective of strengthening specific muscles, improving flexibility, and promoting overall functional ability. Treatment plans are often customized to the individual patient's needs, considering their specific condition and response to available interventions and therapies.
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Soft tissue manipulation is used to address muscle tension and improve flexibility.
- Myofascial Release, and more.
- Electrical Stimulation or Ultrasound Therapies.
- Range of Motion/Stretching Exercises to promote joint mobility and flexibility.
- Stabilization Exercises – Improving core strength will help support and stabilize the spine and other body joints.
Physical rehab's ultimate objective is to optimize physical function, which will enhance one’s quality of life and promote personal independence.